12.31.2006

Another one...

Another year gone past... something that I've heard about time flying looks true after all. Well, what an eventful year this has been! The first thing that comes to my mind is my tenth standard board exams. I rememebr how we laboured under the books, and how one fine morning we found ourselves staring at the question paper from the ICSE board. All that seems like a decade ago - such is the scale of things that happened. Well, after the exams I decided to immerse myself in the very centre of enjoyment but as luck would have I got selected for the Finals of the National Talent Search Exam(NTSE) which demanded my burying myself in a few herculean books all through till the middle of the hols. And so curse I did. I grumbled and studied.

Ah leave out the boring part...Then in early April I bought my digicam and the Nomad with the Digicam was born! What a beauty it was - the Canon Powershot! I took it with me on my first railfanning-cum-IR photograpy trip to aunt's house in Madurai, but via a beautiful route that I had chosen. And ended up with a fine collection of pics and sweet memories. I started this blog also about this time - hurray! After coming back I immersed myself in hesitant preparation of the NTSE and then took another trip to Coimbatore (rail pics here!) to visit grandparents and cousins. Five days there flew past like five minutes and there I was heading to Ernakulam for the NTSE finals behind a "whistler" WDM2 from ERS shed. The return journey was behind another super whistler from ED shed. And messed up the exam... they might have as well not given me the question paper...

The much awaited ICSE results came out. Though I did not get what I expected, I got over the disappointment of the rather less-than-expected 92% easily. School started... ahh! what fun! Imagine the fun that comes from being completely relaxed in school and watching movies at School(yeah!) after a hectic 10th!

Onam vacations after the 1st terminal exams. Started off again! To Rajapalayam (where we hadnt been for a verry long tme) Had a nice time and I squeezed in my bit of railfanning too in the meagre one day we got at madurai - pics here. What a trip!

Then slowly came the First National Aerospace Olympiad - my first time of a fairly large amount of newspaper publicity! As I have already written a looong trip report on it I don't wanna elaborate. Interested people may read the latter and check out the large number of photos.

Days narrowed down... and now there's the last! But what's the big deal? We run on forever in the tracks of time and there's seldom time to look back and get all weepy about it. But then there's the internet and for me there's anotherbloggerbloke.blogspot.com...

And Happy New Year, everyone

2 comments:

tpraja said...

Have you seen the new India search engine www.ByIndia.com they added all the cool features of popular products like MySpace, YouTube, Ebay, Craigslist, etc. all for free to use and specifically for India. Anyone else try this yet?

ByIndia.com First to Blend Search, Social Network, Video Sharing and Auctions Into One Seamless Product for Indian Internet Users.

Sidhusaaheb said...

92%!!!

I never even came close to that in my academic lifetime (if it can be called that for someone like me, who stumbled through school and then college!).