4.27.2008

The end... of the beginning?

It’s finally happened. A lot has finally happened.

I know, the holidays are here.

Damn. I don’t know where to start. Imagine the state of mind of a person imprisoned for some five or six years and released suddenly yesterday.



Now you see the point.

No, I’m not mad. yet. Our educational system is worthless. Entrance exams are just elimination, not evaluation. One whole year of effort… wasted in just about three hours of blind toil. Its all based upon luck at that fateful day. Satisfactorily high results every other day, only to go horribly wrong on that most important moment. Thats about how everything has chanced. I amd hardened up now. I can face anything that is to come. Face it like a man.

Wordpress was awesome. Still one thing I hate about it is the total lack of template-editing features. Look at blogger in that light. All you needed was a simple click at the ‘edit html’ button and you had the very barebones of the template laid for all to see. And work upon. I found a neat clean theme for this blog and heck, I dunno how to install it! Obviously, I did google it up and found that I had to ftp upload the theme folder to the wp-content/themes folder of the blog. On trying to proceed via the browser to the ftp location, I found myself staring at the 404 error. So I downloaded an ftp client and accessed anotherbloggerbloke.wordpress.com and wordpress.com via ftp, providing the username and password for entry. And dammit it put its foot down and refused to connect. What the hell can the matter be?

All great souls who have successfully installed a third party theme on their wordpress blog, please put down a word or two.

On a different line, there are such a lot of thing waiting to be done… installing linux on my now garbled HDD, upgrade my six-year old dabba, and of course railfanning. Not to mention the ambitious plan of ABPPD-a blog post per day :)

By the way, how many of you have noticed the extremely tiny smiley that smiles away at the left-corner of the bottom-most part of every wordpress page?

Kubuntu Hardy heron (8.04) is out now :)

I’m luvin’ it!

No comments: