4.29.2008

Life's 'little' letdowns... continue

A fine start to railfanning today. Drew up an ambitious little plan to:

  • Get up at six (my goodness!) and get out of the house ten mins later.
  • Walk all the way up 1.2 kms to Vanchiyoor, where the road meets the railroad.
  • Adjust speed to catch the TVC-ERS Janshatabdi, complete with a smoking ERS WDM3A and catch it on the cam.
  • Hover about and repeat the same with PGTN-TVC Amrita exp, TVC-MAQ Parasuram and the MDU-QLN passenger. Mentally note their links (the locos they were assigned).
  • Walk home triumphantly and upload pics to irfca.
Someone up in those control panels seems to be set hard against me. A few previous posts will reveal how 'fate'(if you want to call it that way) has been playing a wicked game on me of late. Well, my blessed cam batteries failed for no reason half way to Vanchiyoor. Inspite of my having charged them for about TWO days. I walked back home frustrated with the camera and the world in general(why not? everyone does that and I think I'm old enough to do so too), since I had not taken any money with me to buy a new set of batteries.

Now what the hell is going on with me?

3 comments:

Nitin SJ said...

dude, chill, you are back...and all right...



after all...
its life my boy...

its life...

Sidhusaaheb said...

Even if the camera wasn't working, I hope you went on to watch the trains go by, the ones that you had set out to see i.e.

:)

g-man said...

something very similar has happened in college you know...walked straight into the exam hall and found out it wasn't the exam i thought it was gonna be