5.10.2008

Wohooo!

Oh boy ohboyohboy! I finally got this BIG upgrade! Seven years with the same ol' dabba... And now, to a blindingly fast slick new beast :)

New config (not all that hot anyway, good enough)-Old config given in brackets...
# Intel Core 2 Duo 2.67 Ghz "Wolfdale" with 6MB L2cache (Intel P4 1.5Ghz with 256 KB negligible L2 cache)

# Intel D31 Motherboard - not v.happy with this though :| (Asus P4BM)

# 2GB DDR-II 800Mhz RAM (128 MB SDRAM heh)
# 512MB XFX Geforce 8500GT GPU (16MB nVidia Vanta)

and finally...
# Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" (Windows xp prof. haha)


(Near-virgin desktop... have to set things up a bit.. and install compiz!)

WOOT!

7 comments:

n i t i n said...

when i bought my new piece of 55K, it was the best in the state!!!

oh! the first 7900GT in kerala lies in my board...
hah!
what all stuff!! god has played his bit too..!!

sheesh!! now even you have 8 series!! :p

neways, gluck....with all that...you can expect my visit..!!!

g-man said...

one question...why kubuntu?

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@nitin: all welcome :D
@g-man: *blink* why not? if you're asking why kubuntu and not ubuntu, well I kinda have this aversion towards GNOME.

Sidhusaaheb said...

I'm impressed!

:)

Merlz said...

Call me an ignorant "n00b", but that did not make any sense, whatsoever, to me!

but others seem to appreciate it a lot...so it must be something really great.

:D

Ranganath Eunny said...

OK that was good. You seem to take layouts seriously. So I am tagging you for this:

http://heurisko.wordpress.com/2008/05/11/minimalist-me/

I hope u are not pissed off with it :)

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@sidhusaaheb: :)
@merlz: I guess so :D
@ranga: hey, thanks.. my first tag.. will take sometime to set it up though!