6.15.2008

Mera phasht tag!

Thanks be to Ranga for this most interesting tag. I'm supposed to make an image of myself. Of all the people who have been tagged, mine is probably the worst. Here it goes:



I have always been of the opinion that black and white is the most pleasing to the eye, and takes away the strain of viewing all those unneccessary colours. Yes, I love minimalism to a certain extent, but I'm rather a mixture of opposites. Let's start with the images in clockwise. The first - the traveller down the lonely track is a tribute to one of those 'crazy' obsessions - trains! Believe me, I have walked down kilometres from home to the rails, and back all on a scorching summer noon to catch some rare locomotive. Call it what you want :D

Next, the treble clef (or "the music symbol" as some call it) - my love for music. I wake up in the morning listening to heavy metal, and sleep listening to A R Rahman. Music has kept my soul from disintegrating all these years. People turn to their Bible or Gita in times of trouble... I have found solace in the rhythm and harmony of all those notes. The music theme is continued in that collage-like depiction of some instruments.

The garish red, blood stained feet is a tribute to one trait that has always been in me. I dont know if its good or bad, but it's plain that I tend to fly off the hook sometimes, and when angry, I often tend to forget myself and where I am.. to often regret later.

The meditating figure atop a hillock refers to the deep, contemplating moods I sometimes go into - talking all the less to people and shunning humans. The road into the horizon - travelling, one of my favourites.

The bottom left assortment of icons is the techie in me - linux, blogging, etc etc. The central crosshair is something I've often thought of myself as - focussed nowhere, just a wee bit of many things, yet nobody in particular. Frustrating. It's also a tribute to my love for photography.

The disorganised nature of the whole image reflects how disorganised my life is...

Well, thats it. I tag g-man, sidhusaaheb, harishanker, and nitin.

14 comments:

g-man said...

cool picture! and nice way of analysing yourself. awesome bloody footprints :) where'd you get them from? on the whole, i'd say you're a pretty religious person from this post alone. this is a difficult tag!!! i'll do it, just give me some time...more than just *some* i'd say :)

Hari Shanker said...

Ugh! Tough tag. How am I goanna do this?? I need time, like G-Man...

But on the whole, nice self-expressionism! Great work!

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@g-man: yeah I love those footprints too.. where else? images.google.com :D
you're wrong about that religious comment, though!

@hari shanker: yup... pretty tough tag, but quite different a one this, isnt it?

g-man said...

that's why i said...from this post alone. i dunno, something about the picture struck me as intensely religious

Sidhusaaheb said...

You seem to know yourself rather well!

:)

I must offer my sincerest apologies though, as I ask to be excused this time. Firstly, I can't for the life of me do much, as far as editing an image or images is concerned. Secondly, I don't think I know myself that well.

If tagged again in the future, I'll try to do my best, but please do excuse me this time.

:)

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@g-man: oh-well-what-the-hell :D

@sidhusaaheb: No probs... there's another one coming up!

Ranganath Eunny said...

Hey! that was a really cool one....the bloody footprints was a nice touch though it scared me a bit the first time :-)

Ranganath Eunny said...

Hey! that was a really cool one....the bloody footprints was a nice touch though it scared me a bit the first time :-)

n i t i n said...

hmm.....okay....I'll do it...:D



just a lil more time my bro...you kno me..;)

hehe...

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@ranga: thanks!

@nitin: yeah.. do

rantravereflect said...

awesum culmination of pics there,, loved the splat of red on the top :) it kinda stoodout, jus like ya prob stand out frm the mundane,,
heee- n i loved the comment with the gill bates- n master bates;) like totalllleeee :)

n i t i n said...

ya..bro..Tag's done!!! :D

The Smokin' WDM2 said...

@rantravereflect: Thanks.. yes and I wanted it to stand out so :D Drop in often!

@nitin: Kudos! Looks like thy accident made you quicker in life!

g-man said...

tag done bro...