9.01.2008

Lorem ipsum and other stuff

I hope the new template looks good... spent all the time from morning till afternoon looking for a suitable one. The main requirement was a wide template. Pages and pages of mindless surfing, testing around 20 odd ones on the blog and hours later, I finally settled on a rather inadequate prototype of the one you see now. The rest of the time was spent in the XML column and in photoshop (as much as I admire Gimp, I hate its multiple-window interface). And the end result looks satisfying.

Damn, 150 MB eaten out of my broadband transfer... on the very first day of the month :(

On the other side of the things, it looks like college will start soon. Soon as in very soon :) I'll thankfully be doing my B.Tech in something related to computers and digital circuits... Applied Electronics in the College of Engineering, Trivandrum(CET) beckons. I screwed up my AIEEE, and this is the next best college I can get into. Thank God for not springing up yet another unpleasant surprise on me again :|

Finally four months of vacation are drawing to a close.. I haven't done anything really worthwhile (see earlier post for a detailed rant!)  Thought I'd start learning PHP, a few days ago.. and that language is awesome. It forms the basis of all the 'working' things you see on the web (ok, besides HTML and Javascript).

This isn't a regular post, anyway... but do chip in with your comments about the template --> what you like about it and what sucks.

In true sync with Kerala's weather, it's started raining heavily for apparently no reason at all. Whatever. I miss the chilly, rainy morning rides to school. Almost everyone in my circle of friends is scattered all over the country. I miss the songs we sang together, the countless lunch breaks that turned into heated discussions on technology, international politics, girls in that-other-school and what not., "Dont Panic" messages being flashed around to alarmed backbenchers during Chemistry classes. I miss the phone calls calling me for tech support, city bus rides with G while listening to anything from Rahman to Rammstein... Damn, I miss my school life a lot :(

On an angrier note, boy I was damn surprised to see that some dude actually's got a site something-to-chew-on.com. And some other inhuman creatures seem to have started blogs with the same name. DAMN IT! I'll sue you people! Wait till I *&#$(* @#$*&#$(%*@ #$(@

Think I'll hit the publish button now.

17 comments:

Blogger Bug said...

kewl templ
rock on\m/

Hari said...

Hehe... Congrats on the change. Both in your life and your blog. The new theme is more aesthetically perfect compared to the old one.

All the best, buddy! My prayers are with you. :-)

Sriram said...

@BBug: thanks :D
@Hari: Yeah, even i felt the new theme had the aesthetics which the old one lacked.

Sidhusaaheb said...

I like the dash of colour you've added, in the form of the orange strip.

Best of luck with your college admissions!

:)

silverine said...

I liked the template!

Niranjani said...

nice theme..looks really bright!!congrats and all the best for college.yeah i know you'll miss school ..was the same with me..but college days are definitely more interesting than school..have fun !!

Vrij said...

I sense a bit of Linux in this.. lovely colors n scheme.. and I like it coz its neat and not cluttered!

Sriram said...

@sidhusaaheb && silverine && niranjani: Thanks a lot :)

@vrij: Now that you mentioned it, I too feel something linux in this.. wonder what!

Macabreday said...

dude, this is better than the old template... nice one

Sriram said...

@mac: Yeah, it was high time I changed the old one!

Black Sabbath said...

i have always admired ur old blog appearance,dosent mean that i cannot accept your makeover...
so... the new look to this blog is really lovely.

n i t i n said...

dude, the new one's a classic...vverum look!



pinney colleginte kaaryam paranju nee enne veendum dyesp aakkallu!! phleazze!!!


damn! f^ck! I cant get that stupid FTP client to work or login to upload my themes up wordpress!

anyways, god luck bro.

Sriram said...

@maverick: wohkay man!

@nitin: damn! f^ck! I cant get that stupid FTP client to work or login to upload my themes up wordpress! AHA!!! YOU CAN'T!

Wordpress allows custom-themes ONLY if the blog is hosted on a different domain(your own web server or your own domain for example).. I realised this pretty soon enough to switch back to blogger!

All the template-editing u can do right now in WP is via CSS. I dont know CSS :(

n i t i n said...

well...then, its time I get my lazy butt to learn that too. Than. No?

Sriram said...

learn HTML and JS before that.. its easier that way.. Otherwise you have a hard time. Atleast give HTML a go.

g-man said...

like the template man...

oh, turns out there are a lot of g-mans out there with blogs :| now where'd i keep my machete?

Sriram said...

@gman: lol!!!